Kyndall Drumheller, Volunteer Coordinator, Virginia War Memorial
Q: What are three things you want GRAVA memberes to know about you?
- I love anything that has to with history.
- Reading is my favorite way to pass time — work just gets in the way of all the fun!
- I’m actually not as quiet as I appear to be.
Q: What are three things you want GRAVA members to know about your work?
- We are the Commonwealth’s War Memorial and we honor those men and women in the military who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.
- I perform a great deal of research as well as handle our blog site.
- Our visitation has boomed in the last year — over 65,000 visitors with about 85% stating they’ve lived in Richmond their whole lives and never knew we we here here!
Q: Why do you love the profession of volunteer administration?
I love the amazing people I meet — especially listening to their stories. I had a gentleman tell me the other day what a great time he had one weekend. He had been here when a World War II veteran was speaking. After the talk, he approached the older gentleman and they chatted for awhile about his war experiences. The volunteer told me this was one of the greatest experiences and is why he LOVES volunteering here.
Q: What do you love about GRAVA?
I really hope to learn from the ‘seasoned’ members how to run an effective program and what needs to be done to grow.