Q: Three things you want folks to know about you
- I live in Petersburg, but I currently work remotely for the Kansas Girl Scouts – I know it sounds crazy, but I connect with co-workers and volunteers by phone, email, and social media constantly.
- When I’m not working, I like to explore the Richmond area and the rest of Virginia.
- I am originally from Chicago, but I graduated from William and Mary, and found myself back in Virginia a year and a half ago.
Q: Three things you want folks to know about your organization.
- I am incredibly passionate about what Girl Scouts does for girls, and could talk about the benefits and opportunities of Girl Scouting all day.
- My role within the organization has been to focus on what makes girls and adults want to get involved, and what makes them stay.
- I am currently working on how we train, support, and retain great volunteers.
Q: Why do you love the profession of volunteer administration!
Girl Scouts is about building leadership skills in girls, but I have also seen our adult volunteers transform and develop their confidence as leaders! Plus, I get to work with extremely dedicated and generous people who care deeply about our organization.
If you don’t know much about Girl Scouts, watch this two minute video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7BPtfObJc
Q: What do you love about GRAVA?
I just attended my first GRAVA event, and I was excited to meet so many great people from local nonprofits – it was also nice that it was conveniently located in the Southside area!