Q: Three things you want folks to know about you.
- I’m new to the role of volunteer supervisor and new to working in a hospital environment – and loving both!
- I’ve been an active volunteer all of my life. Right now I’m co-chair of the Weinstein JCC’s Israeli Film Festival and I serve on the National Board of Hadassah as Chair of Annual Giving.
- I’m a life-long Richmonder, a UVa McIntire School of Commerce graduate and worked for Bank of America for 25 years in operations and IT project management.
Q: Three things you want folks to know about your work.
- Bon Secours is a non-profit with an amazing mission and values of providing compassionate “good help” to those most in need.
- St. Francis Medical Center is not only aesthetically beautiful, the people really care about each other and the teamwork is fantastic!
- Volunteers play a crucial role in the patients, family members and visitors’ experience. They are true partners in providing quality healthcare and I feel privileged to play a role in making this possible for our volunteers.
Q: Why do you love the profession of volunteer administration?
Just yesterday I met with one of our teenage volunteers. She requested an appointment with me because she is planning to pursue a medical degree and wants to fill her summer with volunteer experiences. She loves being a Patient Response volunteer and wanted to sign up for as many openings as I could give her! What a win-win-win for our staff, our patients and for this young lady, to see what an impact our volunteer program is having!
Q: What do you love about GRAVA?
I’m new to GRAVA and excited to network and learn from our members with much more volunteer administration experience than me. I’ve already used some of the quotes about change and look forward to the July conference.