Beverly Binns, Executive Director, Thrifty Sisters Thrift Store
Q: Three things you want folks to know about you.
- I am new to the non-profit sector and volunteer administration. My background is in archaeology, antiques, and retail sales.
- I ran estate sales for years so the mechanics of running a resale business was right up my alley!
- On my off time I am usually in a thrift store anyway!
Q: Three things you want folks to know about your work.
- Thrifty Sisters is a donation based resale store that was created to benefit The Little Sisters of the Poor whose sole mission is to take care of the elderly poor.
- We wanted to create a well-organized, creative environment where the dedication of our volunteers, generosity of our donors, and the passion of our shoppers provide Thrifty Sisters the availability to continuously reach our goal of providing funds to the The Little Sisters of the Poor.
- It is always interesting and fun, you never know what we may have in the store at any given time. We had a movie crew shopping with us the other day!
Q: Why do you love the profession of volunteer administration?
I love the spirit, generosity and diverse background of the volunteers that come together to create something new.
Q: What are most looking forward to with GRAVA?
I am really looking forward to getting to know other professionals and volunteers that are engaged in this industry and all the combined knowledge, programs and resources that GRAVA has to offer.