Q: Three things you want folks to know about you.
- I am from Clyde, Texas and moved here last September with my future husband.
- I enjoy being outside, especially hiking with my dogs.
- My guilty pleasures are peanut M&Ms and watching Grey’s Anatomy reruns.
Q: Three things you want folks to know about your work.
- Kidney disease is a silent killer for which everyone should know the risk factors of diabetes, high blood pressure, and family history.
- We are fundraising to expand our awareness and preventative programs into all cities of Virginia.
- Our office serves all of Virginia but only has 2 full-time employees, so I wear many hats on a daily basis.
Q: Why do you love the profession of volunteer administration?
I love working with volunteers because they bring such enthusiasm for the cause that it reignites my passion to work harder for kidney disease awareness and prevention… and for them.
Q: What are most looking forward to with GRAVA?
I enjoy getting to meet different people from other organizations who are experiencing the same trials and share their success stories. Since I’m new to Richmond, it is great to learn about the resources available with all the wonderful nonprofits out there.
Q: Any other exciting news or information you would like to share?
I’m getting married in August!