Q: Three things you want folks to know about you.
- I am from Richmond and love working hard to continue to better our community.
- When I am not working, I love traveling and making yummy meals for friends and family.
- When I am not working hard at Sportable, I am also an active member of the outdoor and environmental community in Richmond.
Q: Three things you want folks to know about your work.
- Sportable’s mission is to provide recreational opportunities for people who have a physical disability or visual impairment; we provide 12 year round sports. We also do a Changing Perceptions in schools program.
- During volunteer training, I do disability etiquette portion of training, which is eye opening for some volunteers. Many people want to volunteer, but are intimidated with working with someone who has a disability. My goal is to help them feel relaxed and confident.
- Our athletes are just like you and me and many of them are competitive athletes.
Q: Why do you love the profession of volunteer administration?
I am an extrovert so I enjoy meeting new people and exposing them to what Sportable is all about!
Q: What are most looking forward to with GRAVA?
I have enjoyed getting to know different professionals in the volunteer management industry.
Q: Any other exciting news or information you would like to share?
Just bought a house in Northside. 🙂