I found myself walking to work today remembering how we planned to move extraterrestrials, elephants, and ants around our city! What a fun and productive day of development we shared yesterday. I hope everyone enjoyed the experience and pushed their minds to think a bit farther out of the box.
Four takeaways from the conference
- Innovation doesn’t have to be success or failure, it doesn’t have to be a big idea. Small ideas, incremental changes can be innovative.
- Start with questioning, not brainstorming. Brainstorming can narrow the discussion—it is better to have unanswered questions than to focus on one thing without considering more.
- Come up with many limitless ideas before focusing on any one thought.
- When you get stuck, re-frame! Drop a variable or think of the situation from a different perspective. Really different.
- When in doubt, imagine your problem from a childlike perspective.