Here is the official notice about HandsOn merging into the Community Foundation! Also job posting for the Civic Engagement Director is linked at the bottom:
Recognizing civic engagement and community participation are an essential part of building a regional culture of philanthropy, The Community Foundation and HandsOn Greater Richmond have joined forces. The integration is a natural next step, after sharing a back office and common goals since HandsOn began in 2007.
The Community Foundation and HandsOn are both deeply invested in supporting community change initiatives that make Richmond a better place. We work collaboratively across sectors and with generous networks to encourage gifts of time, talent and financial resources to shape and advance regional solutions. Together, we can offer customized opportunities that allow individuals, families and teams to learn, engage and connect in ways that are both meaningful and effective.
Vanessa Diamond, Co-founder of HandsOn Greater Richmond, assumes a new role as Senior Vice President of Civic Innovations. Her team will be responsible for developing, testing and scaling new models for learning, service and philanthropy to create on-ramps for greater engagement and participation. This work will be done in close coordination with colleagues across the organization and the region to ensure a seamless experience for all valued partners. Our goal is to build an inclusive and well-informed network through the active input and involvement from donors, volunteers and nonprofit partners, as well as the business community, faith organizations and localities.
Civic Engagement Director
Provides daily oversight to Community Foundation civic engagement programs including HandsOn Greater Richmond’s volunteer center operations This includes the creation and management of volunteer opportunities and civic education and engagement programs. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Serves on Civic Innovations team with responsibility for strategic planning for and evaluation of volunteer and community service programs and initiatives.
• Oversees program operational budget for fiscal responsibility and grant compliance.
• Oversees volunteer center and program operating procedures, which comply with Community Foundation Board policy, HandsOn Network/ Points of Light Institute Standards, and all legal requirements.
• Oversees strategy, with Community Foundation staff and volunteer leadership, and supports models for learning, service and philanthropy (giving circles, civic learning cohorts etc)
• Develops and supports program advisory committee and other committees and task forces.
• Oversees implementation of regional volunteerism and civic engagement initiatives.
• Supports partnership for program implementation and funding with local corporations and businesses to engage in employee volunteer programs.
• Works with staff team to develop capacity-building trainings and effective practice workshops for nonprofit agencies in volunteer management.
• Works collaboratively with other community volunteer programs and with state and national volunteer program organizations.
• Participate in activities of the civic engagement field to enhance Community Foundation operations and the volunteer center, as well as those of the field.
Full Posting Here: https://www.connectva.org/job/director-of-civic-engagement/